Hi friends! If you are just jumping on, check out my Week 1 and Week 2 update as I transform our outdoor storage shed into an office and schoolhouse. This is all part of my favorite One Room Challenge competition that happens twice a year. Make sure to check out some of the amazing projects that are going on across the country here.
When we left off last week I shared that we managed to finish electrical, drywall and vinyl flooring just on time for homeschool to start. We were off and running – but it quickly became clear I needed to spend some serious time organizing the space.
The kids and I were on top of each other, constantly bumping into the boxes to right. The night before school was about to start back I had rushed to put everything back in the shed before a light drizzle ruined everything. This resulted in my throwing the contents back into the shed without organizing. In reality I couldn’t start really putting things away until my IKEA Besta delivery showed up. So nothing major was going to happen until all that showed up.
Once my ikea delivery arrived I started slowly assembling the besta units one by one. Unfortunately it meant clearing out the shed again…at least this time there was no threat of rain clouds.
By the end of a long week of install I had made huge progress with purging and organizing. Don’t let anyone fool you, this process takes a long time to do it right. I also realized I needed more shelves for the BESTA units and purchased some KUGGIS storage containers that fit perfectly into the unit.
Week 3 definitely was not glamourus, but it felt like a huge step in the right direction. If you are interested in the plan for this Schoolhouse shed check out Week 1 plans.